This position is responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining web applications for our clients. Workload includes new project rollouts, enhancement of existing applications, and error resolution.
- 3+ years in client-side web development.
- Understanding of relational databases with experience in MS-SQL Server preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as the position involves frequent interaction with team members, end users, and client management.
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities with solid documentation tendencies.
- Practical knowledge of application development methodologies and frameworks. (Fusebox, Coldbox, Model-Glue, etc.)
- Possess an in-depth understanding of the software development life-cycle and be able to communicate project status, issues, and resolutions.
- Ability to think ahead, anticipate issues, and demonstrate decisive action planning.
- Be able to work independently, while maintaining good interpersonal relationships with a small team.
- Experience working with Git SCM.
- Working with Web Content Management Systems.
- 2+ years of production ColdFusion 8+ experience.
- Experience with Coldfusion Server setup, maintenance, and management.
- Familiarity with Java web technologies.
- Knowledge of other technologies (Ruby, Node.js, .NET, etc) and motivated in learning new technologies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ability to pass a government background check.
- Perform design, development, or maintenance of applications used on client websites.
- Maintain a development and staging environment for application testing and prototyping prior to implementation.
- Maintain project work plans and meet development time schedules.
- Provide remote first-level professional support for any technical problem across the client base.
- Escalate issues to appropriate second-level support personnel in a timely manner.
- Provide complete, concise, and accurate documentation of support resolution via the corporate support system.
- Populate a knowledge base of resolved incidents for in-house use and an end user self-help application.
- Actively assist other team members to meet team goals and objectives.
GSL Solutions is a drug-free workplace and equal opportunity employer.